Get Monton essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Monton discussion
. Add Monton
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
From Spanish montón.
monton (plural montons)
- (mining) A heap of ore; a mass undergoing the process of amalgamation.
- (mining, historical) A Mexican unit of weight for ore, varying from 1,800 to 3,200 Spanish pounds.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for monton in Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
- accusative singular of monto
mont ("mountain") + -on (augmentative suffix)
monton m (oblique plural montons, nominative singular montons, nominative plural monton)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text
- Godefroy, Frédéric, Dictionnaire de l'ancienne langue française et de tous ses dialectes du IXe au XVe siècle (1881) (monton)