Get Monotonic essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Monotonic discussion
. Add Monotonic
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
From Ancient Greek (monótonos, "monotone") + -? (-ikós, "-ic").
monotonic (not comparable)
- of or using the Greek system of diacritics which discards the breathings and employs a single accent to indicate stress. It replaced polytonic system in 1982.
- (mathematics) said of a function that either never decreases or never increases as its independent variable increases.
- Uttered in a monotone; monotonous.
- (using Greek system of diacritics): polytonic
of or using the Greek system of diacritics which discards the breathings and employs a single accent to indicate stress
- Greek: (el) (monotonikós)
mathematics: never decreasing or increasing as its independent variable increases
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked