Get Mom essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Mom discussion
. Add Mom
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Abbreviation of momma.
mom (plural moms)
- (Canada, US, West Midlands, colloquial, familiar) mother.
- (informal) An adult female owner of a pet.
mom (third-person singular simple present moms, present participle moming, simple past and past participle momed)
- (informal) To care in a motherly way.
- "Mom" is capitalized when used as a proper noun, but not when used as a common noun:
- I think Mom likes my new car.
- I think my mom will like you.
terms derived from mom (noun)
mom f or m or n (plural mommen, diminutive mommetje n)
- a specific kind of beer
- Andrew Eatough, Central Hill Nisenan Texts with Grammatical Sketch
Compare Mandarin ? (mào).