Get Molecula essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Molecula discussion
. Add Molecula
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
From Latin molecula.
molecula (plural moleculae)
- (now historical) A molecule; a small particle of something. [from 18th c.]
- 1751, John Locke, Elements of Natural Philosophy, XII:
- Smal bodies, of Atoms, out of whose various combinations bigger molleculæ are made.
- 1790, Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France, Oxford 2009, p.
- They acted by the ancient organized states in the shape of their old organization, and not by the organic moleculae of a disbanded people.
Derived from m?l?s ("mass") + -cula (diminutive suffix).
m?lecula f (genitive m?leculae); first declension
- (New Latin, chemistry) molecule