Get Mo' essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Mo' discussion
. Add Mo'
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
- (slang) Contraction of more.
- 1904, Clifton Johnson, Highways and Byways of the South, p. 124:
- But the people are great han's for religion, and it's a common saying they got mo' religion an' less morals than yo'll find anywhere else in the world.
- 1916, Official Proceedings, Western Railway Club, p. 143:
- A millennium, mah son, am jes' de same as a thousan' legged worm, only hits got mo' legs.
- 2005, Tim Brooks, Lost Sounds: Blacks and the Birth of the Recording Industry, 1890-1919, p. 137:
- Brethren if you want mo' preachin', save a little dram for me.
From Latin modo.
- (regional) now
Contraction of modo.
- Only used in the adverb a mo' di.