Get Mining essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Mining discussion
. Add Mining
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
mining (countable and uncountable, plural minings)
- The activity of removing solid valuables from the earth.
- gold mining
- (figuratively) Any activity that extracts or undermines.
- His extensive mining for apparently statistically significant results made any of his results questionable.
- Jonathan Swift
- [...] the fabrick, however weak by the delicacy of its composition, would not have fallen so soon, if the foundation had not been injured by the slow minings of regret and vexation.
- (military) The activity of placing explosives underground, rigged to explode
- (computing) Creation of new units of cryptocurrency by validating transactions and demonstrating proof-of-work
activity of removing solid valuables from the earth
- Russian: ? (ru) f (dobý?a)
- Greek: (el) f (narkothétisi)
- Russian: (ru) n (minírovanije)
creation of new units of cryptocurrency
- Russian: (ru) m (májning)
- present participle of mine
From English meaning.