Get Manimal essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Manimal discussion
. Add Manimal
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Blend of man + animal
manimal (plural manimals)
- (informal) A fanciful life form that is part human and part beast; a creature recognizable as human but possessing physical or primitive behavioral characteristics that are exclusive to animals.
- 2004 January 1, Christopher Miles, "Kori Newkirk; the project", Artforum International Magazine
- Standing naked against a wintry landscape, the figure became a screen for the projection of identities--beast, bigfoot, manimal, specter, even, to use a word Newkirk's work encourages one to use in all its dangerousness, spook.
- 2006 February 1, Paul Z. Myers, Pharyngula, ScienceBlogs
- President panders to anti-manimal lobby! Dr Moreau flees country in rage!
- 2006 February 4, Charlie Pierce, Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!, National Public Radio
- Two years ago we were going to Mars, and that sort of didn't happen...and now there's, like, manimal.
- (slang, by analogy) A person compared to such a creature, especially an unkempt and uncivilized, or strong and sexually aggressive man.
- 2004 January 1, Michael Burnett, "Tumyeto army", Thrasher, High Speed Productions, Inc.
- Layton smacked his head hard on a front feeble, but bounced back up to get the make. That kid's a manimal.
- "Oh, he's so on the team," Diego kept saying.