Get Manas essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Manas discussion
. Add Manas
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
From Sanskrit ? (manas, "mind").
- (philosophy, chiefly theosophy) The mind; that which distinguishes man from the animals.
- plural of mana.
- second-person singular present active indicative of m?n?
- genitive singular feminine form of mans
- nominative plural feminine form of mans
- vocative plural feminine form of mans
- accusative plural feminine form of mans
- ? (Brahmi script)
- ? (Devanagari script)
- ? (Bengali script)
- ? (Sinhalese script)
- ? or ? (Burmese script)
- ? or (Thai script)
- ? (Tai Tham script)
- ? or (Lao script)
- ? (Khmer script)
From Sanskrit ? (manas, "mind")
According to Duroiselle, this word does not occur in the plural. The plural forms sometimes cited are the masculine and neuter forms of a stem mana.
Declension table of "manas" (neuter)
- -> Burmese: ? (ma.nau:)
- -> Thai: (má-noo)
- -> Thai: (mon)
Pali Text Society, editor (1921-1925) , "manas", in Pali-English Dictionary, London: Chipstead
- plural of mana
- Informal second-person singular (tú) present indicative form of manar.
- infinitive passive of mana.
- present tense passive of mana.
- a hero
- genitive plural of man