Get Magnetic essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Magnetic discussion
. Add Magnetic
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
magnet + -ic
magnetic (comparative more magnetic, superlative most magnetic)
- Of, relating to, operating by, or caused by magnetism.
- a magnetic recorder
- Having the properties of a magnet, especially the ability to draw or pull.
- Determined by earth's magnetic fields.
- magnetic north
- the magnetic meridian
- Having an extraordinary ability to attract.
- He has a magnetic personality.
- (Can we date this quote by John Donne and provide title, author's full name, and other details?)
- she that had all magnetic force alone
- (archaic) Having, susceptible to, or induced by, animal magnetism.
- a magnetic sleep
of, relating to, caused by, or operating by magnetism
having the properties a magnet
determined by earth's magnetic fields
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
magnetic m (feminine singular magnetica, masculine plural magnetics, feminine plural magneticas)
2019 January 18, "La planeta dels tres pòls magnetics", in Jornalet: Son camp magnetic es lo pus grand del Sistèma Solar.
- Its magnetic field is the largest in the Solar System.
- Joan de Cantalausa (2006) Diccionari general occitan a partir dels parlars lengadocians, 2 edition, ->ISBN, page 617.