Get Inscribe essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Inscribe discussion
. Add Inscribe
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Borrowed from Latin inscrib?re, from in ("upon") and scrib?re ("to write").
inscribe (third-person singular simple present inscribes, present participle inscribing, simple past and past participle inscribed)
- (transitive) To write or cut (words) onto (something, especially a hard surface, or a book to be given to another person); to engrave.
- I inscribed the book with a message for Kate.
- I inscribed my name into the book.
- (geometry) To draw a circle, sphere, etc. inside a polygon, polyhedron, etc. and tangent to all its sides.
to write or cut words onto something
- second-person singular present active imperative of ?nscr?b?
- Informal second-person singular (tú) affirmative imperative form of inscribir.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) present indicative form of inscribir.
- Third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present indicative form of inscribir.