Get Impresa essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Impresa discussion
. Add Impresa
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
impresa (plural impresas)
- (heraldry) A device on a shield or seal, or used as a bookplate etc.
- 1613, John Webster, "A Monumental Column, A Funeral Elegy" in Three Elegies on the most lamented Death of Prince Henrie, London: William Welbie,
- My impresa to your lordship; a swan
- Flying to a laurel for shelter.
- 1674, John Milton, Paradise Lost, Book 9, lines 33-35,
- [...] or to describe Races and Games,
- Or tilting Furniture, emblazon'd Shields,
- Impreses quaint, Caparisons and Steeds;
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for impresa in Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
impresa f sg
- past participle of imprimir
impresa f (plural imprese)
- enterprise, undertaking, exploit, feat, endeavour
- company, firm, business, concern
- Synonyms: azienda, ditta, società
- (key): /im'p?esa/, [?m'p?esa]
- Feminine singular of adjective impreso.
- Feminine singular past participle of imprimir.