Get Giving essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Giving discussion
. Add Giving
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
- present participle of give
- 1981, fa.human-nets, 6 May 1981 0359-EDT, Gary Feldman at CMU-10A
- These bright surfaces are sprayed with a fine spray of ink, thus giving them an even surface.
giving (comparative more giving, superlative most giving)
- having the tendency to give; generous
- 1984, Jeff Sargent, net.flame, 26 Mar 1984
- To become like Christ involves everything else: becoming a loving and giving person, having confidence enabling you to be vulnerable (psychologically and physically; Jesus did both), having the wisdom to see people's needs and the desire to meet them.
giving (plural givings)
- The act of bestowing as a gift; a conferring or imparting.
- A gift; a benefaction.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Alexander Pope to this entry?)
- The act of softening, breaking, or yielding.
- (Can we date this quote by Addison and provide title, author's full name, and other details?)
- Upon the first giving of the weather.