Get Entity essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Entity discussion
. Add Entity
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
From the Medieval Latin entit?tem, from entit?s.
entity (plural entities)
- That which has a distinct existence as an individual unit. Often used for organisations which have no physical form.
1992, Rudolf M[athias] Schuster, The Hepaticae and Anthocerotae of North America: East of the Hundredth Meridian, volume V, New York, N.Y.: Columbia University Press, ->ISBN, page ix:
It is also pertinent to note that the current obvious decline in work on holarctic hepatics most surely reflects a current obsession with cataloging and with nomenclature of the organisms--as divorced from their study as living entities.
- The existence of something considered apart from its properties.
- (databases) Anything about which information or data can be stored in a database; in particular, an organised array or set of individual elements or parts.
- The state or quality of being or existence.
The group successfully maintains its tribal entity.
- A visual image of a spirit.
that which exists as an individual unit
something that has properties of being real
computing: anything about which data can be stored
state or quality of existence
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- genitive singular of entita
- nominative plural of entita
- accusative plural of entita
- vocative plural of entita