Get Emit essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Emit discussion
. Add Emit
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
From Latin ?mitt?.
emit (third-person singular simple present emits, present participle emitting, simple past and past participle emitted)
- (transitive) to send out or give off
1744, Alexander Shiels [i.e., Alexander Shields], "Period VI. Containing the Testimony through the Continued Tract of the Present Deformation, from the Year 1660 to this Day.", in A Hind Let Loose: Or, An Historical Representation of the Testimonies of the Church of Scotland, for the Interest of Christ; with the True State thereof in All Its Periods: [...] , Edinburgh: Reprinted by R. Drummond and Company, and sold by William Gray bookbinder in the Grassmarket, and several others, &c., OCLC 723488025, pages 167-168: Here is a Proclamation for a Prince: that proclaims him in whose name it is emitted [James II of England], to be the greatest Tyrant that ever lived in the world, and their Revolt who have disowned him to be the justest that ever was. 2014, Imar Spaanjaars, Beginning ASP.NET 4.5.1: in C# and VB:
The controls then emit client-side HTML code that is appended to the final page output.
- Synonyms: outsend, output
to send out or give off
- Arabic: (nafa?a), (?a?dara)
- Armenian: please add this translation if you can
- Bulgarian: (bg) (izpuskam), (bg) (izlvam)
- Catalan: emetre (ca)
- Mandarin: (zh) (páifàng), (zh), (zh) (sànf?)
- Dutch: uitzenden (nl), afgeven (nl)
- Esperanto: please add this translation if you can
- Finnish: päästää (fi), emittoida (fi), lähettää (fi), säteillä (fi)
- French: émettre (fr)
- Galician: emitir
- Georgian: (gamocema), (gamoq?opa), (gamosxiveba)
- German: emittieren (de), aussenden
- Haitian Creole: emèt
- Irish: astaigh
- Italian: emettere (it)
- Japanese: (, hanatsu), ? (ja) (, h?sha-surú)
- Khmer: please add this translation if you can
- Latin: ?mitt? (la)
- Mongolian: please add this translation if you can
- Persian: ? ? (fa) (sâte' kardan)
- Portuguese: emitir (pt)
- Romanian: emite (ro)
- Russian: (ru) (vybrásyvat?), (ru) (vydelját?), ? (ru) (ispuskát?), ? (ru) (izvergát?)
- Spanish: emitir (es)
- Thai: please add this translation if you can
- Vietnamese: please add this translation if you can
- nominative plural of emi
- third-person singular present active indicative of em?
- third-person singular perfect active indicative of em?