Get Embellishment essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Embellishment discussion
. Add Embellishment
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
embellish + -ment
embellishment (countable and uncountable, plural embellishments)
- An added touch; an ornamental addition; a flourish.
- 1811, Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility, Section 3, Chapter 1:
- Reflection had given calmness to her judgment, and sobered her own opinion of Willoughby's deserts; -- she wished, therefore, to declare only the simple truth, and lay open such facts as were really due to his character, without any embellishment of tenderness to lead the fancy astray.
- Catalan: embelliment m
- German: Ausschmückung f, Beschönigung (de) f, Fioritur f, Gerank (de) n, Rankenwerk (de) n, Verschönerung f, Verzierung (de) f, Zier (de) f, Zierrat (de) m, Zierrillen f, schmückendes Beiwort n,
- Maori: whakar?keitanga, k?nakinakitanga