Get Detune essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Detune discussion
. Add Detune
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
de- + tune.
detune (third-person singular simple present detunes, present participle detuning, simple past and past participle detuned)
- (music) To intentionally lower or raise the pitch produced by a musical instrument. Often done to produce sounds not normally possible, or in the case of stringed instruments to reduce tension for the purposes of shipping or maintenance.
- Synonym: untune
- Some avant-garde composers request that performers detune their instruments before playing.
- (electronics) To alter the capacitance of a circuit such that its resonant frequency differs from the incoming frequency.
intentionally lower or raise the pitch produced by a musical instrument
- Bulgarian: (bg) (razstrojvam)
alter the capacitance of a circuit such that its resonant frequency differs from the incoming frequency
- third-person singular present subjunctive of detuna
- third-person plural present subjunctive of detuna