Get Collaborative essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Collaborative discussion
. Add Collaborative
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
collaborate + -ive
collaborative (comparative more collaborative, superlative most collaborative)
- Of, relating to, or done by collaboration.
- No need to thank me - it was a collaborative effort.
of, relating to, or done by collaboration
- "collaborative" in The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition, Boston, Mass.: Houghton Mifflin, 2000, ->ISBN.
- "collaborative" in Dictionary.com Unabridged, Dictionary.com, LLC, 1995-present.
- "collaborative" in WordNet 2.0, Princeton University, 2003.
collaborative (plural collaboratives)
- (management) An organized group of people or entities who collaborate towards a particular goal
- 1895, (no by-line), "In The Halls of Learning: Columbian University", The Evening Times (Washington, DC) (19 October 1895, page 2) -- this appears to be a unique usage; very difficult to find non-adjectival uses prior to the 1970s
- In the literature class, which is conducted by Prof. George J. Smith, lately of Central High School, and which is a collaborative of Dr. Farquhar's course, the students are pursuing their new course.
- 1976, (no by-line), "Educational collaborative to hire full-time executive", The Birkshire Eagle (Pittsfield, Massachusetts (19 June 1976, page 6)
- Concern over possible conflict between their collaborative and one set up a year ago ....
2004, Ann Page, Keeping Patients Safe, ->ISBN, page 153:
These collaboratives would consist of a team of managers, researchers, and consultants from a variety of organizations whose aim would be to better understand problems in effective health care management [...]
- 2018, Applied Clinical Trials Editors, "CTTI Selected to Support FDA Efforts to Increase Patient Engagement", Applied Clinical Trials
- This collaborative aims at discussing ways in which patients can participate in the FDA's regulatory discussions about medical products.
- feminine singular of collaboratif
- feminine plural of collaborativo