Get Clearly essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Clearly discussion
. Add Clearly
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
From Middle English clerli, clerely, clerelych, cleerliche, clerliche, equivalent to clear + -ly.
clearly (comparative clearlier or more clearly, superlative clearliest or most clearly)
- (manner) In a clear manner.
He enunciated every syllable clearly.
- (modal) Without a doubt; obviously.
- Clearly, the judge erred in his opinion.
2011 December 10, David Ornstein, "Arsenal 1 - 0 Everton", in BBC Sport:
While Gunners boss Arsene Wenger had warned his players against letting the pre-match festivities distract them from the task at hand, they clearly struggled for fluency early on.
- (degree) To a degree clearly discernible.
- He was clearly wrong on all points but one.
(modal) without a doubt, obviously
(degree) to a degree clearly discernible