Get Burnt essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Burnt discussion
. Add Burnt
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
burn + -t
- (chiefly Commonwealth of Nations, Britain) simple past tense and past participle of burn
burnt (comparative more burnt, superlative most burnt)
- Damaged or injured by fire or heat.
- (of food) Carbonised.
- The toast was too burnt to eat.
- (of a person) Having a sunburn.
- (of a colour) Being darker than standard, especially browner.
The word burnt as the simple past and past participle of burn is largely a UK usage, but the word burnt as an adjective is by no means restricted to the UK.
damaged or injured by fire or heat
- Arabic: (ma?r?q), (mu?tariq)
- Bashkir: (yan?an)
- Estonian: põlenud
- Ancient: ? (kaustós)
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked