Get Bounder essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Bounder discussion
. Add Bounder
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
From bound + -er.
bounder (plural bounders)
- Something that bounds or jumps.
- (Britain, dated) A dishonourable man; a cad.
- A social climber.
- That which limits; a boundary.
- 1638 Martin Fotherby (Iacob Blome: London) Atheomastix p.269:
- Let the mountaine Pyrenaeus diuide the French, and Spaniards: and the wildernesse of Sand the Aethiopians, from Aegyptians. And in like manner also be all other Kingdomes: they are bound within their bounders, as it were in bands; and shut-vp within their limits, as it were in prison.
- (Britain, obsolete, colloquial) A four-wheeled type of dogcart or cabriolet
dishonourable man -- see cad