Get Vietnamese essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Vietnamese discussion
. Add Vietnamese
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
From Vietnam + -ese.
Vietnamese (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to Vietnam.
of or pertaining to Vietnam
Vietnamese (countable and uncountable, plural Vietnamese)
- (countable) An inhabitant of Vietnam, person of Vietnamese descent.
- (uncountable) A language spoken predominantly in Vietnam.
- (uncountable) Vietnamese cuisine; traditional Vietnamese food.
As with other nationalities formed with -ese, the countable singular noun in reference to a person (as in "I am a Vietnamese", "writing about Vietnamese cuisine as a Vietnamese") is uncommon and often taken as incorrect. In its place, the adjective is used, by itself (as in "I am Vietnamese") or with a word like person, man, or woman ("writing about Vietnamese cuisine as a Vietnamese person").
- Latvian: vjetnamietis m, vjetnamiete f
- Lithuanian: vietnamietis (lt) m, vietnamiet? (lt) f
- Bokmål: vietnameser m
- Nynorsk: vietnamesar (nn) m
- Polish: Wietnamczyk (pl) m, Wietnamka (pl) f
- Portuguese: vietnamita (pt) m or f
- Rade: Yu?n
- Romanian: vietnamez (ro) m, vietnamez? (ro) f
- Russian: ? (ru) m (v?jetnámec), ? (ru) f (v?jetnámka), ? (ru) pl (v?jetnámcy)
- Cyrillic: ? m
- Roman: Vijetnamac m
- Slovene: Vietnamec m, Vietnamka f
- Spanish: vietnamita (es) m or f
- Swahili: Mvietinamu, Mvieti
- Swedish: vietnames (sv) m, vietnamesiska (sv) f
- Thai: ? (kon wîat-naam)
- Turkish: Vietnaml? (tr)
- Ukrainian: ?' m (v?jetnámec?), ?' f (v?jetnámka)
- Vietnamese: ngi Vi?t, ngi Vi?t Nam
- White Hmong: Nyab laj
Vietnam + -ese
Vietnamese m (genitive Vietnamesen, plural Vietnamesen, female Vietnamesin)
- a Vietnamese person
- a Vietnamese male
Declension of Vietnamese