Get SNAFU essential facts below. View Videos
or join the SNAFU discussion
. Add SNAFU
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
The term was born during WWII as an acronym of the initials of the words situation normal, all fucked up, which summed up the chaos and confusion of the war from an individual soldier's point of view.
- (UK) enPR: snä'fo?o, (key): /snæ'fu:/, /'sn?:fu:/
- (US) (key): /snæ:'fu:/
- (military, slang, euphemistic) Acronym of status nominal all fucked up or situation normal all fucked up (fouled up)
SNAFU (plural SNAFUs)
- A ridiculously chaotic situation.
- A major glitch or breakdown.
- 2007, Susan Glairon, Paperwork SNAFU, The Daily Times-Call, LongmontFYI
- Because of a paperwork snafu, he also hasn't been able to get his Army discharge papers and is still listed as an active-duty soldier...
ridiculously chaotic situation
major glitch or breakdown