Get SL essential facts below. View Videos
or join the SL discussion
. Add SL
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
- The ISO 3166-1 two-letter (alpha-2) code for Sierra Leone.
SL (not comparable)
- (citations) sine loco (without place [of publication])
- (medicine) Initialism of sublingual.
- (in gay personal ads) Initialism of straight-looking.
SL (countable and uncountable, plural SLs)
- (linguistics) Initialism of source language.
- (on Muslim forums) Initialism of sharia law.
- (law) (historical, used postnominally) Serjeant-at-law
- (knitting) slip
2010, Julie Turjoman, Brave New Knits, page 49:
Work sleeve, sl raglan marker, work in ribbing as est to cable marker
- (politics) Initialism of Sendero Luminoso.
- (politics) Abbreviation of Scotland.
- Initialism of Swan Lake.
- (Internet) Initialism of Second Life.
From English steam locomotive
SL o (esueru)
- (rail transport) Synonym of (j?ki kikansha, "steam locomotive")
- Abbreviation of San Luis Potosí (Mexican state)
- (Can we verify(+) this sense?) Saarland, a federal state of Germany.
- (Can we verify(+) this sense?) South Sumatra, a province of Indonesia.