Get Mac essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Mac discussion
. Add Mac
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
See macc for details.
Mac (plural Macs)
- (US, informal) Used to address a man whose name is unknown.
- Have you got a light, Mac?
- (Irish and Scottish patronymic surnames) son of.
- A diminutive of the male given name Max.
Informal diminutive of Macintosh, later adopted by Apple as a trademark.
Mac (plural Macs)
- A Macintosh computer (made by Apple Inc.), or its operating system.
- 1991, "Breaking Communications Barriers", in Compute!, v 13, n 9, pp 28-31:
- Built by Matthew Weed, a blind political science and history major, and Victor Grigorieff, a computer science and psychology major, the system is based on a Macintosh IIfx, although it can run on earlier models, since each Mac program has a similar interface.
- 1993, "The New Microprocessors Powerchips" in Popular Science, v 243, n 1, p 58:
- Apple, IBM, and Motorola have teamed up to produce this 32-bit chip that will be used in future Apple Macintoshes and IBM PCs. PowerPC systems will run Mac or Unix programs, and possibly Windows software in the future.
- 1993, "The Newest Appliance" in U.S. News & World Report, v 115, n 21, p 90:
- If you invest the time to learn one Windows or Mac program, you'll automatically have mastered the basic skills to use hundreds of others.
- 2007, "Uninspiring Vista", in Technology Review, v 110, n 1, pp 72-4:
- As this shift accelerates, finding software that works with a particular operating system will be less of a concern. People will be able to base decisions about which OS to use strictly on merit, and on personal preference. For me, if the choice is between struggling to configure every feature and being able to boot up and get to work, at long last I choose the Mac.
- 2008, Glenn Derene, "Mac VS. PC", in Popular Mechanics, volume 185, number 5, page 86:
- Oddly, the big difference didn't come in our user ratings, where we expected the famously friendly Mac interface to shine.
- Apple's popular commercials have painted the picture in stark terms: There are two types of people, Mac people and PC people.
- (informal) McMaster University
From English March, from Middle English March(e), from Anglo-Norman Marche, from Old French marz, from Latin m?rtius, from earlier Mavors.
Mac (Jawi spelling )
- (Malaysia, Brunei) March (third month of the Gregorian calendar)
- (Gregorian calendar months) Januari, Februari, Mac/Maret, April, Mei, Jun, Julai, Ogos, September, Oktober, November, Disember (Category: ms:Gregorian calendar months)