Get AD essential facts below. View Videos
or join the AD discussion
. Add AD
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
- The ISO 3166-1 two-letter (alpha-2) code for Andorra.
- Latin anno Domini, in the year of the Lord or in the year of our Lord, used to specify numbered years counting from the once estimated birth of Christ in year 1. Usually placed before years (but see notes), and always placed after centuries. Often written in small caps. This year is AD 2019.
- 1 Jan. AD 250.
- From the 2nd century BC to the 3rd century AD.
- The Chicago Manual of Style as well as most house styles requires placing the AD before the number of the year and BC after, although in casual use either abbreviation can be found in either place.
- Some use CE, for "Common Era", which is more secular in nature, to avoid potential Christian bias.
- "AD" is not normally used in expressions like "in the year AD 1990", since in such a year it is taken for granted (and it is also redundant, literally meaning "in the year in the year of our Lord 1990"). In "Vesuvius erupted in AD 79", it is expected.
AD (plural ADs)
- Assitant director.
- (military) Air defence or air defense.
- (US, Navy) Auxiliary destroyer - a naval tender, a destroyer tender that tends to destroyers.
- (uncountable) Alzheimer's disease.
- 2015 — Larochelle, Stéphane (December 2015). "STOMPing at the bits". Nature Methods 12 (12): 1114. doi:10.1038/nmeth.3679. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- Many neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer's disease (AD), involve pathological protein deposits.
- (aviation) Initialism of airworthiness directive.
- Abu Dhabi
AD m or f (plural ?)
- Initialism of amministratore delegato ("CEO").
AD c (genitive AD:s)
- Abbreviation of Arbetsdomstolen ("Labour Court"). (the Swedish Labour Court)
- a combination of vitamin A and D, given to children (in 2008 replaced by only vitamin D)
- Initialism of art director.
- (soccer) Initialism of assisterande domare ("assistant referee").