Get -da essential facts below. View Videos
or join the -da discussion
. Add -da
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
|A / I / O / U
||E / ? / ? / Ö / Ü
- Form of -d? after the vowels A / I / O / U.
- man -> manda
- [the] car -> in [the] car
- Peru -> Peruda
- Peru -> in Peru
This suffix is to be preceded by an additional n when the noun it is appended to already ends with another suffix's vowel.
- dostumun man? -> dostumun man?nda
- my friend's car -> in my friend's car
Variously from Proto-Finnic *-dak, *-tak.
- A suffix present in certain first infinitives, short form, the citation form of Finnish verbs.
When this suffix is omitted, what remains is the stem of the verb. With the verbs nähdä and tehdä, the consonant stem is left. The first consonant of the following word or enclitic is lengthened.
- (noun-forming suffix) Added to a verb to form a noun indicating the place of the action.
- zár ("to close, shut") -> zárda ("cloister")
- óv ("to protect") -> óvoda ("kindergarten")
- (noun-forming suffix) Harmonic variants:
- -da is added to back vowel words
- -de is added to front vowel words
- -oda same as -da with a linking vowel
- -öde same as -de with a linking vowel
- Alternative form of -ga
- third person plural genitive enclitic
Kambera pronominal clitics
- first person plural inclusive subject enclitic
- first person plural inclusive possessive enclitic
Laboya pronominal clitics
- variant form of -de
- Alternative form of -te
Mo leannan de mòran bhliadhnaichean, 's pòsda sinn mu dheireadh thall!
- My sweetheart of many years, we are married at long last!
From Ottoman Turkish (-da, "locative suffix"), from Proto-Turkic *-ta ("locative suffix"). Cognate with Karakhanid (-d?, "locative suffix"), Old Turkic (-ta, "locative suffix").
- Used to form locative of nouns.
- okul + -da -> okulda
- -da is used when the noun's last vowel is a back vowel.
- It could be -de, when the noun's last vowel is a front vowel.
- köy + -da -> köyde
- It could be -ta, when the noun's final consonant is unvoiced.
- mutfak + -da -> mutfakta
- It could be -te, after a front vowel followed by an unvoiced consonant.
- yengeç + -da -> yengeçte
- It must be used with an apostrophe while forming a proper noun.
- ?spanya + -da -> ?spanya'da