Get %E9%80%A3%E7%94%A8%E5%BD%A2 essential facts below. View Videos
or join the %E9%80%A3%E7%94%A8%E5%BD%A2 discussion
. Add %E9%80%A3%E7%94%A8%E5%BD%A2
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Compound of (ren'y?, "attaching to an inflecting word", where ? (y?) is short for (y?gen, "inflecting word")) + ? (kei, "form").
??? o (ren'y?kei)
- (grammar) an inflectional category: the continuative or stem form for verbs, the adverbial form for adjectives
- This is the base form after which various conjugational endings are added, such as ? (te) or (masu). See Appendix:Japanese verbs for more details.
As a term describing an inherently Japanese grammatical form, is sometimes simply transliterated. When rendered into English, the term has been translated different ways by different authors. Alternate glosses include:
- ^ 1988, () (Kokugo Dai Jiten, Revised Edition) (in Japanese), T?ky?: Shogakukan
- ? 2.02.1 2006, (Daijirin), Third Edition (in Japanese), T?ky?: Sanseid?, ->ISBN
- ^ 1998, NHK (NHK Japanese Pronunciation Accent Dictionary) (in Japanese), T?ky?: NHK, ->ISBN
- ^ 1997, ? (Shin Meikai Kokugo Jiten), Fifth Edition (in Japanese), T?ky?: Sanseid?, ->ISBN
- Sandness, Karen (1999) The Evolution of the Japanese Past and Perfective suffixes, Center for Japanese Studies, University of Michigan, ->ISBN, pages 3, 12, 42, others
- Henderson, Harold Gould (1948) Handbook of Japanese Grammar, Houghton Mifflin Co., page 12
- Bulletin of the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, Volume 6, University of London, School of Oriental and African Studies, 1932, page 643